photo c2f2b482954a36ed8e31b3782ddbd248_zpsce020d8c.jpg Home About Me Nail Care Disclosure Contact  photo e12a381ad30282bd4f39f6f699cd8a07_zpsbaf600bc.jpg
Sunday, May 4, 2014

NOTD: Ladylike Golden Tones for Rei!

I have a special nail-of-the-day to share that was inspired by my numero uno nailbabe, Rei of Reinovate Nails! It's her birthday today, so I tried to channel her in my mani. To me, Rei's work screams class and simplicity, when she's not blowing me away with her mind boggling stamping skills. For some reason, I am unreasonably terrified of trying stamping, so I had to go the clean and simple route. I also wanted something that called to mind how wonderful and ladylike (lol) she always is. I'm really pleased with what I ended up with!


I combined Fancy Gloss - Golden Swan with Zoya - Godiva. I used two coats of each, and topped Golden Swan with HK Girl Topcoat. 


Fancy Gloss is a new to me indie brand, and I was very impressed with the quality! The polish has tons of silvery, gold, and holo glitters in a white crelly base, and I loved how much glitter I picked up in each stroke.


Godiva was one of the first Zoya polishes I ever bought, and it remains one of my ultimate favorites. I'm a total sucker for nudes, and this one is so understated and classy. Even though I've moved past my obsession for texture polishes, they definitely still have a special spot in my collection. Again, I'm often inspired by how Rei combines texture with glossy polishes for a really dynamic look.


If you've been following Rei for any length of time, (which, if you're not, what's wrong with you?! Find her here or here!) you'll know that her signature pose has caught out like wildfire all over the Instagram nail community. I love this photo style, and especially love when I see others using it and giving Rei credit for the idea. It's such a unique way to showcase the polish!


1 comment:

  1. Wahhh you spoil me with your words my friend! This mani is gorgeous. I really need to get my hands on Godiva I have been wanting that too long..

    ReplyDelete