photo c2f2b482954a36ed8e31b3782ddbd248_zpsce020d8c.jpg Home About Me Nail Care Disclosure Contact  photo e12a381ad30282bd4f39f6f699cd8a07_zpsbaf600bc.jpg
Monday, May 26, 2014

Polish Pusher - Unicorn Sneeze

Good morning and happy memorial day to my USA nail babes! Today I have a fabulous design inspired by an even more fabulous indie polish -- Unicorn Sneeze from Polish Pusher.


Unicorn Sneeze is a vibrant, hot pink jelly polish with pink, blue, and orange small glitters and large blue holo dot glitters. These photos show three thin coats of squishy goodness, and these first three photos show it topped with HK Girl Topcoat. Without topcoat, this polish dries to a velvety, semi-matte finish. 




Application of Unicorn Sneeze, as with the others I've tried from Polish Pusher, was very smooth and easy to work with. I gave the bottle a good shake before each coat, and picked up a nice variety of glitters, which spread evenly with each stroke. Anyone who has followed me for any length of time knows that large, circle glitters are the way to my heart, so I dug out a few more of those out. I wouldn't really call it "fishing" since it just required a few more dips to get one.


Nom nom squish, nom nom HOLOOO!!


These next four photos show Unicorn Sneeze topped with Sally Hansen Big Matte Topcoat. This look is close to the appearance of Unicorn Sneeze without topcoat. I intentionally left my Cinderella hand without topcoat to show a comparison, but then I accidentally top coated it later without even thinking. Whoops! 


The unicorn design is one of my proudest nail art achievements thus far! I've never been happy enough with a detailed free-hand design to share a macro, but I'm so pleased with this one! I used two of five brushes sent to me by the Winstonia store to review, and this was my first time using them. I'll be testing them out over the next few weeks before posting a full review, but so far I'm very impressed with the quality! You can purchase the brush set I'm reviewing (item code NS-405) here


Using one of the larger liner brushes in the set, I did an silhouette of the full design using Wet'n'Wild - A Blank Canvas. I did the rainbow mane using the same brush dipped in a bunch of different colors (pink: China Glaze - Peonies & Park Avenue, orange: China Glaze - Son of a Peach, yellow: OPI - I Just Can't Cope-a-Cabana, green: Color Club - Twiggie, blue: Wet'n'Wild - Teal Slowly and See, and purple: Wet'n'Wild - Who is Ultra Violet?) Then, I outlined the design and added the facial details using Sinful Colors - Black on Black. The horn was done using Orly - Luxe, and once everything else was done, I dabbed a bit of glitter (OPI - Servin' Up Sparkle) on the mane. Phew!


I love this and never want to take it off. Be sure to check out the Polish Pusher Etsy page, and follow Kati on Instagram for news about releases and promotions!

4 comments:

  1. We are obsessed with this unicorn! It's sooooo cute! The polish is gorgeous too, the holo circles are AMAZING! E&J.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the holo circles really make this polish stand out!

      Delete
  2. That polish is everything! Those holo dots are amazing. That unicorn compliments everything. Lemme know where she got her lashes cause I'm into those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen this unicorn? ISN'T SHE FABULOUS?!

      Delete