photo c2f2b482954a36ed8e31b3782ddbd248_zpsce020d8c.jpg Home About Me Nail Care Disclosure Contact  photo e12a381ad30282bd4f39f6f699cd8a07_zpsbaf600bc.jpg
Saturday, November 16, 2013

Delush Polish - Slice of Life Collection

Today I have a compilation of all of the swatches I've done over past few weeks using the Slice of Life collection by Delush Polish! I was a Dexter fangirl from the very beginning through the brutal, bitter end, and I am physically unable to resist any collections referencing or inspired by pop culture references relevant to my life. I ordered this full collection in minis so I could try them all, and truly fell in love with each one! 

WARNING: This post is going to be littered with Dexter references. Non-watchers proceed with caution!

Born in Blood
This was my Halloween mani! What's more terrifying than Dexter's origins? It's a bright red jelly polish with red dot and hex glitters in varying sizes, and scattered holo micro glitters. Photo shows three thin coats topped with Seche Vite. As I did with all of these polishes, I stored this one upside down for about 10 minutes before use, and had no trouble getting even coverage and easy distribution of glitters.

A Very Neat Monster
Black jelly glitter polishes have my heart forever! This one has small square glitters in varying shades of green, bright green microglitters, and big green holo dots. Photo shows two coats topped with Seche Vite. I paired this polish with Black in Mirrors from the Maybelline Color Show Brocades collection, and a cool shaped stud accent from the Born Pretty Store.

Here's a close up. Swatching these reminded me how desperately I need a macro lense! Will you look at those big dots?! Be still my heart. Again, no fishing for glitters, and easy full coverage in two coats. This is might be my favorite from the collection!

Dark Passenger
This polish is a dark blue-green jelly with hex and microglitters in a variety of colors. Photo shows three coats topped with Seche Vite. This one is super buildable and squishy! The color of the base jelly is very unique, and definitely appropriate for embodying Dexter's twisted and mysterious compulsion to kill.

Here's a close up that captures the complexity of the glitters in this one better. Again, I NEED A MACRO LENSE!!

Time to Kill
This polish is a really nice complement to Dark Passenger. It features rosy-hued dot, hex, micro, and square glitters in a plum jelly base. My middle and index finger show three layered coats topped with Seche Vite, and the index and pink show one coat over a subtle metallic gradient.

Angel of Death
This dark and mysterious polish really impressed me. It contains white and red microglitters, and larger white and grey hex glitters suspended in a black jelly. I love how the lighter glitters stand out even with multiple layers of the black polish (photo shows three thin coats). I paired it with China Glaze - Ruby Pumps to highlight the red microglittters. 
Also, please forgive me for that terrible piece of fuzz on my pinky. I didn't see it until I had already removed the polish and was editing photos!

Tonight's the Night
Another front runner for my favorite polish in the collection! Again, three cheers for black jellies! This polish calls to mind the many scenes showing Dexter prowling the Miami area for targets, neon lights ever present in the background. And those big holo dots! I die. 

Master of Disguise
Last but certainly not least is this fabulous mix of gold, orange, and copper glitters in a chocolate jelly base. This polish is so incredibly unique! Like the others, application was easy and even, and I loved the look achieved by layering this polish. This is my third pick for favorite in the collection. :)

Close up shot to really show the complexity of this glitter. So beautiful!

These and other masterful indie collections are currently available on the Delush website. You can also follow Delush on instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment