photo c2f2b482954a36ed8e31b3782ddbd248_zpsce020d8c.jpg Home About Me Nail Care Disclosure Contact  photo e12a381ad30282bd4f39f6f699cd8a07_zpsbaf600bc.jpg
Tuesday, July 15, 2014

NOTD: Stripes, Studs, and Chevrons

My nail of the day is this girly, simple design that I did on top of a sheer white base.


I started out with four thin coats of OPI - Don't Touch My Tutu, a white crelly polish. Here I've topped it with Sally Hansen Big Matte Topcoat. I absolutely love this polish--it's perfect for a palate cleanser. Using this for the first time in a while,  I realized how much I've improved with using sheer polishes. It really does require practice!




I wore this combo all day on Monday, and loved this classic, clean look. Of course,  I couldn't just leave it alone!

First, using a Winstonia Store striping brush, I applied thin, vertical stripes using OPI - Love.Angel.Music.Baby. Even though I admit I have WAY too many gold polishes, this one is at least in the top three!


Then, using a smaller Winstonia Store brush, I painted a V shape and filled it in using China Glaze - For Audrey. I finished the look off with gold square studs from the Born Pretty Store.


Sometimes the simplest nail art has the biggest impact. I got more compliments on this today than I have on any other designs in months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment