photo c2f2b482954a36ed8e31b3782ddbd248_zpsce020d8c.jpg Home About Me Nail Care Disclosure Contact  photo e12a381ad30282bd4f39f6f699cd8a07_zpsbaf600bc.jpg
Friday, July 18, 2014

NOTD: China Glaze Gradient & Lumina Lacquer

TGIF, nail babes! Today I wore this summery gradient topped with one of my favorite glitter toppers of all time. It was a fabulous way to celebrate the end of a long work week!




I was incredibly fortunate to have been randomly chosen as one of the winners of the ongoing China Glaze summer giveaway. I posted a photo of a trip we took earlier in June while hiking in Shenandoah National Park. 

Image property of @chinaglazeofficial

For winning, China Glaze sent me their entire Off Shore collection AND a $100 Sally's gift card. It was such an amazing surprise, especially because I have a hard time finding China Glaze polishes in my area. My prize arrived earlier this week, so what better way to break into my new stash by doing a tri-color gradient?!


The base gradient for this mani was done by sponging 3-4 layers of China Glaze - Sun Upon My Skin, (yellow) Shore Enuff, (green) and Wait N' Sea (teal) painted onto a make up sponge. You can see my full tutorial gradient here!


I topped this glorious combination with an equally glorious glitter bomb, Lumina Lacquer - Gold Dust Woman. Every time I use this polish, I'm reminded how much I love this indie brand. They really do pump out some of the most interesting, complex glitter mixes on the market. I only wish they weren't so pricey so I could add them all to my collection! This is just a single dabbed coat, smoothed out with two coats of Seche Vite.


Seeeee what I'm saying?! Gorgeous!


For the photo at the top of this post, the macro above, and the one below, I topped the entire look with a coat of Sally Hansen Big Matte Topcoat. Because mattefy all the glitters, of course!


As much as I love this glitter, and think it complements the color scheme of the gradient really well, it always makes me a little sad to cover up a well-blended gradient. But then I remember, hey, glitter! And I feel better about it. What do you think?

Thanks for reading, and have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment